The eastern of Greetsiel's two landmarks, the twin mills, was built as early as 1706. Today's two-storey gallery holländer with wind rose was erected on the old substructure in 1921. The octagon was built from parts of the Aurich wall mill from 1750. The mill still fulfills its full purpose today. It can grind with wind and motor power. It mainly produces feed meal, as there is a farm shop attached to the mill. The mill store sells fresh mill bread every day and a wide range of organic wholefoods. There is a café with a terrace in the granary, from where you have a beautiful view of the Sieltief.
The western of the two mills, also a two-storey gallery holländer, now houses a tea room and an art gallery. The twin mills also include the green mill.
The western of the two mills, also a two-storey gallery holländer, now houses a tea room and an art gallery. The twin mills also include the green mill.
Good to know
Openings
April - October
daily: 07.30 h - 17.30 h
daily: 07.30 h - 17.30 h
Price info
Bei Vorlage einer NordseeCard gibt es bei Führungen 1,- € Rabatt für Erwachsene und 0,50 € Rabatt für Kinder.
Eligibility
Suitable for any weather
Directions & Parking facilities
Wenn man sich Greetsiel nähert sieht man schon von weitem zwei Windmühlen. Sie werden auch "Zwillingsmühlen" genannt, da beide vom gleichen Typ (zweistöckige Galerieholländer) sind und in unmittelbarer Nachbarschaft am Greetsieler Sieltief stehen. Der öffentliche Parkplatz befindet sich unmittelbar gegenüber der roten Zwillingsmühle am Ortseingang von Greetsiel. Der Parkplatz ist über die Greetsieler Straße erreichbar.
Contact person
Author
Touristik-GmbH Krummhörn-Greetsiel
Zur Hauener Hooge 11 / Burgstraße 5
26736 Krummhörn
Organization
Touristik-GmbH Krummhörn-Greetsiel
Nearby